Rules at Nerdly Beach Party
The Nerdly Beach Party's rules of conduct come from two places: the rules for the campsite, and our own code.
San Simeon State Park camping rules
We take the camping rules from the site, which can be found at http://www.slostateparks.com/thingstodo/camping.asp#rules (scroll down for Camping Rules). For your convenience, here it is cut and pasted:
- Campsite assignments are made upon your arrival.
- For after-hours staff assistance contact the camp hosts who are located within the park to take reports of any problems or call 911
- All vehicles in the park must be currently registered with a receipt displayed on the lower left corner of the windshield.
- A maximum of 3 vehicles per campsite are permitted at one time
- Bicyclists under the age of 18 years old must ride with a protective helmet
- Generators can only be on between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Dogs must be kept on leashes no longer than 6' and in a tent or enclosed vehicle at night. Except for guide dogs, pets are not allowed in park buildings, on trails, or on most beaches. Check out our map (link) that shows beaches where dogs are permitted.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Coin operated showers are available at most campgrounds. Prices are usually twenty-five cents.
There's other information on that page, so we encourage you to take a look.
The Nerdly Beach Party code
- Don't be a jerk to other campers.
- Don't be a jerk to other people at the Party.
- Nerdly lives and dies by Kitchen Patrol.
- It's cool to drink and smoke, in moderation and when appropriate.
- Parents: your kids are your responsibility. Everyone else: be cool about the kids.
These rules exist so that everyone has a good time and the park is happy with us. We have never had a problem with people in past years, and while we don't expect any problems this year, we do reserve the right to eject you without refund from the Nerdly Beach Party. Please don't break our winning streak. :)